Shiny Stone is delighted to host Maggie Johnson FRCSLT* for a 6th year. Training will be online via Zoom on the 17th, 18th, and 24th, 25th of November 2023.
Shiny Stone believe that this training is essential for the successful treatment of Selective Mutism. As a Community Interest Company we aim to keep prices as low as possible.
We are happy to accept payment via BACS or Cheque. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enable us to provide an invoice.
*The training modules are sequential. In order to book onto Module 2, participants must have completed Module 1. In order to book on Module 3 or 4, participants must have completed Modules 1 and 2.
Module 1 – Friday 17th November (full day) – Understanding Selective Mutism (£85)
- for all parents, professionals, teachers, TAs, youth workers, club leaders etc. to gain general awareness
- 8:30am registration joining Zoom, course starts at 9:00am and runs until 5:00pm. 1 hour for lunch between 12:30-1:30pm, with 15 minute breaks scheduled for 10:45am and 3:00pm
Module 2 – Saturday 18th November (3/4 Day) – Small Steps Programmes (£42.50)
- for people living with and supporting children aged 5 and above
- 8:30am registration joining Zoom, course starts at 9:00am and runs until 3:00pm. With breaks scheduled for 10:30am (10 minutes) and 12:00pm (30 minutes)
Module 3 and 4 will be one week after the other modules. Module 4 can be completed without Module 3. Delegates must have completed Module 1 and 2 to book onto Module 3 or 4.
Module 3 – Friday 24th November (morning) – Working with adolescents and individuals who are hard to reach (£42.50)
- for people living with and supporting adolescents and young adults
- 8:30am registration joining Zoom, course starts at 9:00am and runs until 1:15pm, with a 15 minute break scheduled at 11:00am
Module 4 – Saturday 25th November (full day) – When it’s more than Selective Mutism; working with co-existing conditions (e.g. ASD) and behavioural issues (£85)
- for people living or supporting SM with additional diagnoses such as ASD, generalised anxiety and social anxiety disorder
- 8:30am registration joining Zoom, course starts at 9:00am and runs until 5:00pm. 1 hour lunch between 12:30-1:30pm, with 15 minute breaks scheduled for 10:45am and 3:00pm
Course Handouts and manual:
All delegates will be required to provide their own copy of the Selective Mutism Resource manual 2nd Edition (maroon cover) OR the Selective Mutism Workbook. This can be purchased from Amazon currently priced at £54.99 and £26.99 respectively. However, If you order directly from Routledge and enter code AFL03 you will get a 20% discount off the RRP. Parents of young children generally find that the workbook is all they need.
There will be a small number of additional handouts. We request delegates print their own handouts. Materials will be emailed to all delegates prior to the event. Should you have any problems please contact us at email@example.com prior to the event and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
Should you wish to cancel tickets after booking the following apply:
Should you request to cancel with more than one month’s notice before the event we will provide a 90% refund
Should you request to cancel with between one month’s and one week’s notice before the event we will provide a 75% refund
Should you request to cancel with less than one week’s notice before the event we will provide a 50% refund
These cancellation charges are in place to cover admin time and loss of ticket sales.
The Zoom links will be attached to your booking confirmation. Zoom joining instructions including the zoom links will be available to download from our website. Should you not be able to find this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 days prior to the event.
*Fellow of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
You can book through Ticket Tailor direct by clicking below.
or by using Ticket Tailor directly through our website.