Understanding relational and developmental trauma training with Dr. Karen Treisman
Understanding the impact of relational and developmental trauma training with Dr. Karen Treisman
Shiny Stone is delighted to bring Dr. Karen Treisman to the Village Hotel (Pool Lane, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH62 4UE) on the 4th October 2019.
Shiny Stone believes that a greater understanding of childhood trauma and how it impacts on children is essential to enable these children to have brighter futures. To keep costs as low as possible we have compressed two days training into one to offer a price of £150 per delegate.
Training Schedule and Content
Understanding the impact of relational and developmental trauma and disrupted attachment on children’s brains, bodies, emotions, relationships and behaviours.
- 8:30am registration, course starts at 9am and runs until 5.30pm.
- This training is about theory and understanding of trauma, practical tools would be offered in further training.
- There will be a lot of detail about abuse and trauma including domestic violence. The content may be emotive and triggering. Delegates must be aware of this before the attend and think about their self-care and own regulation.
- As we are offering this course over one day rather than two, it will be fast paced and it extremely important that delegates are able to attend the full day rather than leaving early. Dr Treisman will end the day on a positive which is important after the nature of the material being covered.
For more information on Dr Karen Treisman please visit her website www.safehandsthinkingminds.co.uk
In order to be able to keep the cost low, would the delegates please be aware of the following:
- We are asking all delegates to provide their own lunch: Packed lunches are allowed on site and food can be purchased from the on-site public house at a 25% discount at the till. There is also Starbucks on-site that offers sandwiches, toasties, drinks etc. but no discount is available as they are an independent franchise.
- Parking: on-site parking is free.
A special delegate rate for hotel rooms has been offered subject to availability. Anyone interested should contact Shiny Stone for further details. Along with the public house (open 12pm to 9pm) and Starbucks onsite, there is an Italian restaurant Buca di Beppo which is open from 6pm to 10pm. The hotel is offering a 25% discount for any meals purchased at the public house or Italian restaurant for delegates.
Teas, coffees and herbal teas and snacks will be offered during the breakout sessions. Water will be available on the tables during the sessions.
How to find the Conference
The Village Hotel, Pool Lane, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH62 4UE
The entire venue is disabled accessible, including the indoor pool.
The hotel is situated just off the A41 and is a 5-minute drive or 20 minute walk from Port Sunlight train station (Merseyrail services).
Off the New Chester Road, this modern resort-style hotel is 1.1 miles from Port Sunlight train station, which has services to central Liverpool. Chic rooms have orthopaedic beds, free WiFi, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, and tea and coffee making equipment. Upgraded adult-only rooms add luxe linens and Bose iPod docks. There is also a fitness club with an indoor pool and full-service spa and salon. Parking is free.