Shiny Stone are delighted after 3 successful years to hosting Maggie Johnson FRCSLT* for a 4th year. Training will be online via Zoom on the 19th, 20th, 21st, and 26th of November 2021.
Shiny Stone believes that this training is essential for the successful treatment of Selective Mutism. As a Community Interest Company we aim to keep prices as low as possible and have kept our prices at £75 for third year.
We are happy to accept payment via BACS or Cheque. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enable us to provide an invoice.
*The training modules are sequential. In order to book onto Module 2, participants must have completed Module 1. In order to book on Module 3 or 4, participants must have completed Modules 1 and 2.
Module 1 – Friday 19th (full day) – Understanding Selective Mutism (£75)
- for all parents, professionals, teachers, TAs, youth workers, club leaders etc. to gain general awareness
- 8:30am registration, course starts at 9:00am and runs until 5:00pm. 1 hour for lunch between 12:30-1:30pm
Module 2 – Saturday 20th (morning) – Small Steps Programmes (£37.50)
- for people living with and supporting children aged 5 and above
- 8:30am registration joining Zoom, course starts at 9:00am and runs until 12:30pm.
Module 4 – Sunday 21st (full day) – When it’s more than Selective Mutism; working with co-existing conditions (e.g. ASD) and behavioural issues (£75)
- for people living or supporting SM with additional diagnoses such as ASD, generalised anxiety and social anxiety disorder
- 8:30am registration joining Zoom, course starts at 9:00am and runs until 5:00pm. 1 hour lunch between 12:30-1:30pm
*Due to feedback from last year indicating that three full days on Zoom was too intensive, Module 3 will be one week after the other modules. Module 4 can be completed before Module 3. Delegates must have completed Module 1 and 2 to book onto Module 3 or 4.
Module 3 – Friday 26th (morning) – Working with adolescents and individuals who are hard to reach (£37.50)
- for people living and supporting adolescents and young adults
- 8:30am registration joining Zoom, course starts at 9:00am and runs until 12:30pm
- Course Handouts: We request delegates print their own course materials. Materials will be emailed to all delegates prior to the event. Should this not be possible due to lack of funds or available printer please contact us prior to the event and we will endeavour to post out a copy of the course material.
Should you wish to cancel tickets after booking the following apply:
Should you request to cancel with more than one month’s notice before the event we will provide a 90% refund
Should you request to cancel with between one month’s and one week’s notice before the event we will provide a 75% refund
Should you request to cancel with less than one week’s notice before the event we will provide a 50% refund
These cancellation charges are in place to cover admin and loss of ticket sales.
The Zoom links will be sent out via email prior to the event. Should you not receive an email with the joining link at least 2 days prior to the event please contact us at email@example.com
*Fellow of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
You can book through Ticket Tailor direct by clicking below.
or by using Ticket Tailor directly through our website.