Shiny Stone is pleased to bring Maggie Johnson FRCSLT* to the Village Hotel (Pool Lane, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH62 4UE) on the 20th, 21st and 22nd of November 2020.
Shiny Stone believes that this training is essential for the successful treatment of Selective Mutism. As a Community Interest Company we aim to keep prices as low as possible and have kept our prices at £75 for another year.
We understand that some people may have concerns about attending a conference in a busy room. We are planning to set up a live video link for those who feel it would be unsafe to attend in person. Please contact us prior to booking to discuss this option.
We are happy to accept payment via BACS or Cheque. Please contact us at email@example.com to enable us to provide an invoice.
*The training modules are complementary. In order to book onto Module 2, participants must have completed Module 1. In order to book on Module 3 or 4, participants must have completed Modules 1 and 2.
Module 1 – Friday 20th (full day) – Understanding Selective Mutism (£75)
- for all parents, professionals, teachers, TAs, youth workers, club leaders etc. to gain general awareness
- 8:30am registration, course starts at 9am and runs until 5 pm.
Module 2 – Saturday 21st (morning) – Small Steps Programmes (£37.50)
- for people living with and supporting children aged 5 and above
- 8:30am registration, course starts at 9am and runs until 12:30pm
Module 3 – Saturday 22nd (afternoon) – Working with adolescents and individuals who are hard to reach (£37.50)
- for people living and supporting adolescents and young adults
- 12:50pm registration, course starts at 1:30pm and runs until 5pm
Module 4 – Sunday 22nd (full day) – When it’s more than Selective Mutism; working with co-existing conditions (e.g. ASD) and behavioural issues (£75)
- for people living or supporting SM with additional diagnoses such as ASD, generalised anxiety and social anxiety disorder
- 9am registration, course starts at 9:30am and runs until 4:30 pm.
In order to be able to keep the cost low, would the delegates please be aware of the following:
- We are asking all delegates to provide their own lunch: Packed lunches are allowed on site and food can be purchased from the on-site Pub & Grill restaurant . There is also Starbucks on-site that offers sandwiches, toasties, drinks etc.
- For professionals: We request delegates print their own course materials. Materials will be emailed to all professional delegates prior to the event.
- For parents: Course materials will be provided.
- Parking: on-site parking is free.
A special delegate rate for accommodation in the hotel may be requested subject to availability. Anyone interested should contact Shiny Stone for further details.
Teas, coffees, herbal teas and snacks will be offered during the breakout sessions. Water will be available on the tables during the sessions.
How to find the Conference
The Village Hotel, Pool Lane, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH62 4UE
The entire venue is disabled accessible, including the indoor pool.
The hotel is situated just off the A41 and is a 5-minute drive or 20 minute walk from Port Sunlight train station (Merseyrail services).
Off the New Chester Road, this modern resort-style hotel is 1.1 miles from Port Sunlight train station, which has services to central Liverpool. Chic rooms have orthopaedic beds, free WiFi, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, and tea and coffee making equipment. Upgraded adult-only rooms add luxe linens and Bose iPod docks. There is also a fitness club with an indoor pool and full-service spa and salon. Parking is free.
Should you wish to cancel tickets after booking the following apply:
Should you request to cancel with more than one month’s notice before the event we will provide a 90% refund
Should you request to cancel with between one months and one week’s notice before the event we will provide a 75% refund
Should you request to cancel with less than one week’s notice before the event we will provide a 50% refund
These cancellation charges are in place to cover admin and loss of ticket sales.
*Fellow of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
You can book through Ticket Tailor direct by clicking below.
or by using Ticket Tailor directly through our website.