Shiny Stone is pleased to bring Maggie Johnson FRCSLT* to the Village Hotel (Pool Lane, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH62 4UE) on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th of November 2018.
Shiny Stone believes that this training is essential for the successful treatment of Selective Mutism. Typically, the cost of training is £150 per day. In order to be able to offer it to as many people as possible, a special price of £75 per day will be offered to participants.
*The training modules are concurrent. In order to book onto Module 2, Module 3 or Module 4, participants must have completed the previous modules.
Module 1 – Friday 22nd (full day) – Understanding Selective Mutism (£75)
- for all parents, professionals, teachers, TAs, youth workers, club leaders etc. to gain general awareness
- 8:30am registration, course starts at 9am and runs until 5 pm.
Module 2 – Saturday 23rd (morning) – Small Steps Programmes (£37.50)
- for people living with and supporting children aged 5 and above
- 8:30am registration, course starts at 9am and runs until 12:30pm
Module 3 – Saturday 23rd (afternoon) – Working with adolescents and individuals who are hard to reach (£37.50)
- for people living and supporting adolescents and young adults
- 12:50pm registration, course starts at 1:30pm and runs until 5pm
Module 4 – Sunday 24th (full day) – When it’s more than Selective Mutism; working with co-existing conditions (e.g. ASD) and behavioural issues (£75)
- for people living or supporting SM with additional diagnoses such as ASD, generalised anxiety and social anxiety disorder
- 9am registration, course starts at 9:30am and runs until 4:30 pm.
In order to be able to keep the cost low, would the delegates please be aware of the following:
- We are asking all delegates to provide their own lunch: Packed lunches are allowed on site and food can be purchased from the on-site public house at a 25% discount applied at the till when you inform the server you are with the Shiny Stone Conference. There is also Starbucks on-site that offers sandwiches, toasties, drinks etc. no discount is available for this as they are an independent franchise.
- For professionals: We request delegates print their own course materials. Materials will be emailed to all professional delegates prior to the event.
- For parents: Course materials will be provided.
- Parking: on-site parking is free.
A special delegate rate for accommodation in the hotel may be requested subject to availability. Anyone interested should contact Shiny Stone for further details. Along with the public house (open 12pm to 9pm) and Starbucks onsite, there is an Italian restaurant Buca di Beppo which is open from 6pm to 10pm. The hotel is offering a 25% discount for any meals purchased at the public house or Italian restaurant for delegates.
Teas, coffees, herbal teas and snacks will be offered during the breakout sessions. Water will be available on the tables during the sessions.
How to find the Conference
The Village Hotel, Pool Lane, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH62 4UE
The entire venue is disabled accessible, including the indoor pool.
The hotel is situated just off the A41 and is a 5-minute drive or 20 minute walk from Port Sunlight train station (Merseyrail services).
Off the New Chester Road, this modern resort-style hotel is 1.1 miles from Port Sunlight train station, which has services to central Liverpool. Chic rooms have orthopaedic beds, free WiFi, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, and tea and coffee making equipment. Upgraded adult-only rooms add luxe linens and Bose iPod docks. There is also a fitness club with an indoor pool and full-service spa and salon. Parking is free.
*Fellow of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists